Wednesday, 11 November 2015

New Wave Brief

I will be shooting a New Wave Film, inspired by my contextual research of the French New Wave. I will be creating a short film with a non-linear narrative, about a city, I want to contrast a run down side of the city to the build up area. I want to explore the city and film different parts of the city. I want to document the city filming both the travelling and being in the city. I hope to use different shot and editing types and experiment with lighting. For example I want to use tracking, to make it feel like you are walking through a city. I also want to have jump cuts, I will do this in the editing stage and this will link back to my research of the French New wave. Particular linking to Jean Luc Godard film Breathless. I want to use jumps cuts to show a contrast between the two different parts of the city that I want to show.  I will be using long takes in my film to again link it back to my research investigation. However I think using long take will be effect and go to use because when you explore a city you look at it for more then a few seconds. I hope to experiment with high key lighting and low key lighting, depending on the time I shoot. I hope to be able to incorporate shooting at night into my short film. I would also like to try using a slow shutter speed, when shooting at night and see what that looks like. I hope to use mostly natural lighting, linking in with my research and how they use natural lighting to get a sense of realism. I hope to so this on a college trip to Manchester and Birmingham, I feel that this will give me enough time to film and I wouldn’t be filming too much of the same thing. As I have found that I have done in other projects. I wanted it to be somewhere where I haven’t filmed before, and showing the film from my prospective and to make it feel like you are exploring a city, when watching the short film. This short film will be about 5 to 10 minutes long. I will be using the tripods for some shots, but I will mainly use hand held camera.  Which is linking back to my New Wave Research where they mainly use hand held camera. I use would like to put the camera down and just have people walking by. For example leaving the camera on the table showing the view outside the window. I want to use different ISO, and look at using a high ISO when I'm in a run down area to add grain into the frame.  I would like to use the 50mm lens from college as well as my lens 70-300mm. I want to use these different lens because I feel that it would work well together and are different to each other. The 50mm I can use a low aperture and get a shallow depth of field.

No comments:

Post a Comment