Friday, 11 December 2015

French New Wave - Evaluation

French New Wave - Evaluation 

Having looked at the British New Wave, I had decided to look at The French New Wave instead, I feel that i made the right decision and enjoyed looking at the this New Wave. I felt that the french new wave was a lot more interesting. I felt that I could find a lot more information on and as I didn't know anything about the french new wave but knew a little about the British new wave. I felt that this would push me more and having started to look at the films I found them to visual and contextual more interesting. Once I started my research I had decided to look at both Jean-Luc Godard and Francois Truffunt and start to see how the films were reflecting real life, quite a few times reflecting their own life. I decided to do a powerpoint which I thought that it would be the best for me and work more towards my strengths. Having done the powerpoint, I found that there was a few spelling mistakes, I need to have someone else look through my work before presenting to make sure everything was spelt correctly and that everything made sense. Also I found it hard to say some of the names, I feel that if I practise a little more I could have found they easier to say. When presenting I found a few points that I could go more in depth with and speak more about. For example Jean-Luc Godard's Breathless using jumps-cuts but wanting it to be documentary like is contradicting, I could have spoke more about how in one aspect it links in with the idea of New Wave and being different. However is is contradicting but the jumps cuts were only there because the film was to long and Jean-Luc Godard needed to cut the film down. Overall I'm happy with how this contextual research went.

No comments:

Post a Comment