Music Video Treatment
Working Title
Birdy - deep end
Genre
The genre for this music video is indie pop.
Duration
The duration of the song will be how long the music last and that is 3:37.
Target audience
The target audience for this video is fans of Birdy, as I'm using her song. The audience will mainly target females, but will target some males, the age range will be 10-20. My video will attract this age group because of the people in the video, who are in this age bracket, they can relate more to someone who is the same age.
Outline
The outline for my music video is that idea of thinking you have someone, but there aren't there. The outline of the video with having an imaginary friend, who someone thinks is there and them talking to the friend and then the friend going. It will be based in a park with the idea of escaping reality and having
Visual elements
Lighting: For the video I want to have high key, natural lighting, I want to have a soft focus feel to the video. I want the footage to look very dream like and for it to look like going into the pass. This could be using soft focus for where they are together and them changing to jus high key natural lighting when they aren't. I feel that this will work well with music and looking through Birdy's other music video, I feel that it would fit nicely with them.
Camera movements: I want different camera movements and to have handheld shots. I want to have the handheld shots when not having the two people in the same shot and when they are have still shots. I want to have tracking shots of them walking, to get the idea of them walking to somewhere where they might have a memory with the person. I hope to have close ups of them, to show how they are feeling and to try and get the idea of 'loss' into the video.
Audio elements
The audio elements of the video is the music, this will be the only audio element of the video. I might look into film some audio for the start and end, and depending on what works will depend on if I want to use it. I will make sure that the footage that I film with fit with the footage.
Rationale
I have chosen the song 'Deep End' by Birdy, I really like Birdy and I thought that it would be different to do this song. I thought that the idea of changing the lyrics to mean something else, would work well and would be challenging to create the video.
Primary and Secondary research
Primary research: I have watched different music videos and analysis them, I have looked at the pop genre to give me ideas of what I can add into my videos. I have created mood board of what I want to include in the my videos, I have got these from music videos and Pinterest, I got images that would inspire me and would should clearly of the ideas that I have for the video. I will print these out and take them with me, this is if I'm struggling with what to film and this can give me a few ideas.
Secondary research: For second research I looked at Carole Vernallis 'The Kindest Cut' and Andrew Goodwin 'Dancing In The Distraction Factory'. Looking at these theories have me an inside into music videos and behind the music videos. I also could understand the code and conventions of the music video. This helped me when looking at my music video I knew what to include.
Requirements and resources
The equipment that I will need for this shot, is;
5D mark 111
70mm-300mm lens
50mm lens
tripod
Soft focus lens
Constraints and contingency
A problem that I might find when filming in when to shoot, I will have to make sure that I can find time for both of them to film and make sure that I'm getting as much filming done as possible. Another problem that might occur in lighting and looking at how I can get this 'dreamy effect' into the lighting and how I make sure the lighting is good enough to do this.
Budget
For the music video, there will be no budget, I have anything that I need to film the video.
No comments:
Post a Comment