Design Brief
I have choose to do a 5 minute short film about obsession, particular looking at obsession with technology and social media and how someone can't leave their technology/ phones alone. When looking at the Lacan theory and looking at films that looked at obsession, my first thought was phones and the breakdown of communication and how everything is done through technology, whether it's an phone, tablet or laptop. I want to go a documentary, which is filming groups of people and individuals using technology and how they always have to be on their phones. When out, I always find people more interested in their phones then the people that they are with and how they have this need of being on their phone and nothing else matters.
I want to show the obsession with technology through different clips and showing different and same groups of people always having to use technology. I want to use both high and low key lighting and try get the main lighting from the phone or piece of technology that they might be using. I feel that this work well and will visual look good. I want to get different shots in different locations, for example at work, in the car, at house, in town. I want to use normal situations, to show the obsession and who the obsession is becoming normally.
I want to use a mix between high and low key lighting, I feel that this will work well together. I think that I want to show how its used throughout the day and start with high key lighting and moving to low key lighting. Showing that is happen all the time, through to morning and night. I want to have more shots on low key lighting because I feel that visually, its more appealing and will stand out a lot more.
Camera shot and types- I will using different camera shots and types. I will be using close up of the technology, a long with long shots and mid shots. I will then be able to edit it in the post production stage and this will give we a wide variety of shots that I can use. I hope to use pans, maybe panning in two different locations and it the post-prodction stage editing them together.
No comments:
Post a Comment