Other Ideas
Idea from Music Video
Having looked at the music video below, I like the idea of using the same people but in different locations. Whilst keeping them in the same position, or similar oppositions. Using mid shots, long shots and close ups. To get them in a similar position I could use the grid on the camera and have them framed in the middle, I feel that this will balance the shots and visual look pleasing. For this idea to work, I need to have a narrative this is so the video isn't visual boring and looks the same. I will also need to look at how, I can add other things into the video.
Having looked at this, I have thought of ideas of where I could shot. I have thought of different places such as; open field, shop, restaurant, park, car, woods, Library, at work, train station, woods and crossing a road. I feel that these will work together, I would have to have them on screen for about 10 to 15 seconds each. I will have to find a way to make sure that this is boring and it not the same, this might be having something in the background happening and the person not paying attention around.
When filming I'm going to look at having filming each piece twice, filming with a high depth of field and then a low depth of field. I feel that when I'm editing this will give the option of both and I will be able to decision which one is best. The shallow depth of field will work well with the idea of isolation and they using the phone is isolating them from the others. A high depth of field will work well with things happening in the background and its showing the audience want is happening and what the person is missing out on whilst being on their phone.
At the end I want the phone to die or to have only a few precent left and the person trying to use their phone quickly and being distressed at the thought of not having their phone. I feel that this will show there obsession.
Requiem for a dream
I want to be able to do closes up of the person, as I feel that this will work well to show the obsession. Also I feel that it would the closes up would make the audience feel uncomfortable and show this idea of obsession. I like how simple the close ups are, and I feel that they are effective and are
Below is a short clip from the film Requiem for a dream, showing drug use. I feel that this is good idea to show the obsession. I would get close ups of the phone, there eyes, fingers when typing and there facial expression.
I'm going to film these clips and see how they look and work with the other things that I will film. I will see in post production if they work well or if they don't work at all. I'm hoping that it will work well with my other clips and if will give something different to my short film.
No comments:
Post a Comment