Overall I'm happy with how my first shoot went, I feel that I got some good shots and felt that my idea worked well. However I will need to film again and go to different locations, to get across the idea of obsession, as I have found that I need to film more and I need to get more locations to get across the idea of this obsession.
First Edit-
obession with technology from Jessica Barratt on Vimeo.
Editing
At the start of the editing I had establishing shots then a mid shot or close up. Having looked back this looked disjointed, so I changed it to have an establishing shot with a mid shot or close up then going back to the establishing shot. This worked a lot better together and meant the idea of obsession what more obvious, and linked well back to the

Here I labelled all my clips, so that I is easy to see which clips are which, making it easier to edit.
This is one of my favourite shots from the shot, I like how Ellie is out of focus and the back ground in focus. Which is showing the family, playing with the snow. I like this shot because I feel like its showing how isolated Ellie is and how she is being isolated from the world by being on the phone. Which is showing her obsession and showing how she doesn't know what is doing on around her. I like how Ellie doesn't look up from her phone showing that her attention is always on the phone.
Having looked at my footage, I realised that I hadn't filmed as much as I first thought, this is due to the planning and I needed to have more planned a lot more. This means that I will have to film more, I am hoping to use the same person and go around town to get these shots. I wanted to go to busier places which are more popular, as in this shot I went to open spaces.
Editing the footage again
Having edited I have thought about other ways that I could edit and other ways that I could add and incorporate into the short film. I wanted to try this with the footage that I have, and try it out. I want to speed up the editing as it goes on, as I really want to get this idea across of obsession, I also feel that this would keep the viewer interested. I like the idea of repeating the same clips at the end to get the point across, I feel that this would work well.


No comments:
Post a Comment