(Psychoanalytical culture theory and popular culture, John Storey)
Id: Id is only concerned with fulfilling pleasure and desire. This is always referred to as the irrational and emotional paper of the mind. Id is also regarded as being selfish and is only concerned with its own self-satisfaction. Babies and young children are often used as examples because they're usually driven by pleasure. A key part of Id is want.
Ego: Ego is based on reality principle and the ego is capable of understanding that one's own desires may vary from people around (reality), and is willing to make this consideration. This ego tries to meet the basic needs of the Id but also takes into account the real world. A key part of ego is balance.
Superego: Based on moral principles instilled by rearing and moral /ethical restaurants placed upon by caregivers. The superego encompasses an individual's ideals, goals, and conscience as well as society's The superego concerned with what other;s will think and stands in position to the Id. the superego acts to perfect and civilise our behaviour. A key part of superego is morals and compromise.
I am going to apply Freud's theory to The lord of the Rings. I am going to be analysing a clip that is showing id, ego and superego.
I am going to apply Freud's theory to The lord of the Rings. I am going to be analysing a clip that is showing id, ego and superego.

No comments:
Post a Comment