Aperture- Aperture is how much light is coming into the camera, the lower the aperture the more light that is coming into the camera. The higher the aperture the lower amount of light that is coming into the camera. When you are in a dark place and need more light into the camera, you will need a lower aperture to get as much light into the camera a possible. You might have to a just you ISO to get the right exposure.
Aperture 2.8- 50mm LenAperture 2.8 from Jessica Barratt on Vimeo.
aperture 2.8 from Jessica Barratt on Vimeo.
For these two films I used the 50mm len to get a low aperture, I found using the len inside was a lot better then using it in outside. This was because to much light was coming into the frame, meaning it was overexposed. Having the aperture on 2.8 meant a lot of light was being let the camera, I had the ISO on 100 meaning I couldn't bring that lower to help lessing less light not the camera. Once coming inside I found it a lot easier to get the right exposure, this was because it was darker and i wasn't getting as much natural light into the camera. I like using this lens and being able to focus just one part of the frame and have your eyes focusing in on just that part of the frame. I hope to be able to use this lens for further work and see how it can help my work.
Aperture 8-Wide angle
MVI_9983 from Jessica Barratt on Vimeo.
Here I used a wide angle and aperture 8. I like using the wide angle and getting a lot more in the frame, then I would using a standard lens. I found that this would good to use for a establishing shot to get as much as possible within the lens and not leaving anything out. To make this video better I need to bring down the ISO slightly, to get more detail within the sky. I feel that this would help make the frame better.
Aperture 16-
MVI_9973 from Jessica Barratt on Vimeo.
This video was shoot at aperture 16, using the standard lens. I used a pan as well as leading lines at the end and I feel that this worked well. I like using the pan when using the standard lens because you get more of scene within the shot.
No comments:
Post a Comment