Final Evaluation
Having look at promotional videos and seeing what promotional videos involved I created short videos for the college to use. Particular the creative arts technician who can direct students to them. Having looked at different promotional videos, I looked at different ways in who them promoted a product. I also looked at instructional videos to see what how they show someone how to use something. I found that it was show and tell, I wanted a different approach and for mine to be something different I decided to do a voiceover. I found that this worked out well and I found that I could explain things more. Also it helped with filming the footage then looking through the footage to give a baseline of the script which then I could improve on.
When filming in the music and photography studio come across some hurdles that I had to overcome, one of them was space, and looking at how I could use the space to get the most effective footage. I found particular in the mixer room to be hard as the space was so small and My tripod could only just fit in. I struggled less in the photography studio, but still sometimes found that when I wanted to do a long shot, I wasn't able to and was having to do a close up instead. This however didn't effect the footage and work out well. Sometimes I found that my footage wasn't good enough and I had to re-film. I also found time to be a problem, especially when in the photography studio, I found that the hour session wasn't enough and I found when I was just getting started I had to finish. As the studio was being used a lot at this time I found that I need plan what and how long I needed. This meant I know what exactly I was doing and knew what I need to get done in the time slot, I pre-booked the studio in advance to make sure that I had enough time. This worked out better and meant that I able to get things done, I had a sheet of everything that I had do and in the order that I had to do it in. I found this to be effective as it meant I wasn't filming things that I didn't need to and I aaas filming things in the order that I needed.
When editing the videos I wasn't sure how they would look and if they would be informative, having looked back through them I have found that they are informing. I feel that people will benefit for watching them. Having said this there are still things that I could improve on.
What could I improve on
From the brief I was asked to create informative short videos that would encourage students and aid the technician. I feel that I have done this well, however a way in which that I could have improved on is by having a presenter as this would be more informative, then a voiceover.
Having looked through my work there are a few things that I could improve on. I found time to be a problem and I wasn't struggling to get everything done, especially in the photography studio. I found that I didn't have enough time in the studio and I found that to make sure that I have time I was rushing. I have found come on clips that I Have used could be improve on and if I had time to re-film I would re-film these to make them look better and make sure that everything that its not messy in the background.
If I has time to do this again I would look at having a more structed plan, I feel that my planning was good but could be improved, the grantt chart helped but I feel like I needed a more detailed. Next time I need to get a plan early on and make sure that I keep to the plan. This will be helpful and I will have to make sure that
At the start of this project I was being over ambitious and was trying to make to many videos. I found that this meant by work wasn't as good as was rushing to get everything done and trying to make sure everything was their. I would find myself recording things over and over again because they weren't right and spending my time on only one clip. Having looked back at this I realised that I need to cut down how many videos I was going to make and how I was going to make the videos. This also was down to planning at the start I only really had half a plan, also I soon realised that I wanted last videos that were high quality then lots of videos that no-one understood.
My Final Videos
Below are my final edits for the instructional promotional videos that I have made.
Overall I'm happy with how my videos looked and how they came out in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment