Monday, 25 April 2016

Promotional video treatment

Promotional Video Treatment 

Working Title

Creative arts technician - Tutorials

Genre

The genre of the video will be a promotional video, focusing on promotional the equipment that
students are able to use.

Duration 

I aim to make 3 videos for each of the studios (music and photography) that are available to use at the college. These videos will range from about 1 to 5 minutes depending on what I will be filming. I want the videos to show how to use the equipment and I don't want the videos to drag.

Target audience 

As these videos are to promote the services of the creative arts technician, then will target the students who want to know how to use the equipment. They will particularly target the creative arts students who will use the studios for college work. They will target both male and females.

Outline 

The general outline for the videos will be; showing the students how to use the equipment and how to get the best use out of the equipment. The college logo will be shown at the start of the video and maybe through out, giving the video brand identify. I will also have titles of the what the videos are called and a title for the creative arts technician. There will be the same start for all videos to have a continuity throughout. I will then start with going into the studios and setting up all of the equipment, going from long shot and close ups. I hope to do match on match action. This will be to show how to use the equipment, getting close ups will be more helpful as it shows exactly what to do. I plan to use students who know how to use the equipment, as this will work better and I will be able to get everything done it one shoot. I what these videos to encourage people to use the studios and to have them what more of an idea of how to use things.

Visual Elements

Lighting: For the videos I will be using high key ambient lighting from the lights in the studio's, as there is plenty of light.

Camera movements: There will be varietious of different cameras movements and shots within the videos. This will include panning shots, tilts, static camera shots, closes up, mid shots, long shots, match on match action.

Audio Elements

I'm planning on using voices over of the videos. After thinking about what would be the best for the videos and what work better I have decided on a voiceover.

Rationale 

I choose to promote the creative arts technician as I feel that it will be helpful for the students how aren't familiar with the studios or who need recapping on how to use the studios. It will also help the creative arts technicians how might be doing something else, they can direct students to the videos.

Primary and Secondary research 

For research I looked at various promotional and instructual videos which look at informing people and also look at showing people how to use a product. I got an idea of what sort of shots types, editing and conventions to use.
I also looked at images that might give me different ideas of what king of shots and angles to use. This was helpful for inspiration and gave me an idea being going and filming.

Requirements and Resources
I will be responsible for the equipment, lighting and sound.
The equipment that I will be using is;
5D Mark 111
50mm lens
70-300mm lens
Tripod
Light Meter
Cable
hotshot
Compact Flash
Battery

I will be using the ambient light in the studios, if I find that this isn't good, I might look into using an LED light.

I will be using the music studio to record by voice overs, so I don't have to think about sound when filming my clips.

Constraints and Contingency 

Problems that I may come across are, weather the studios and equipment that I need are free. I will have to make sure that I book out the studio and equipment in advance to make sure that I have it, and making sure I have it for enough time. An problem that might happen is the space, the studios aren't that big, if this happens I might have to think about the tripod and making it smaller and maybe even using handheld camera. Using handheld camera would be the last resort.

Legal and Ethical Consideration 


Release forms - I will have to make sure that anyone that I film will sign a release form and gives me permission to use them in my videos.
As I'm not using music I don't have to think about copyright from music.

Budget 
For my promotional video, I won't be spending any money. I have all the equipment that I need and I will be using a voiceover, meaning I won't have to spend money on any music.

No comments:

Post a Comment